We are a Swim England (formerly the ASA) affiliated club. A full guide to Swim England’s rules and laws can be found here.
Our club constitution can be found here: Bottisham Club Constitution 28 February 2016
Child protection and safeguarding
As a Swim England affiliated club we have adopted the Wavepower guidance in full as our child protection and safeguarding policy. You can find this here. Our welfare officers are Cathryn Mellersh and Simon Bethel, who can be contacted via email@example.com.
If you’re a club member and you want to raise a concern, you can speak to any adult who is involved in the club whom you trust, and your concern will be dealt with. If you don’t feel able to talk to someone, sometimes it’s easier to write things down and pass on a note. There’s a leaflet here that you can print off, that gives some ideas for what you can do, and a form that you can use if you like: Child Power Leaflet
Codes of conduct
Each swimmer, parent, coach or volunteer agrees to adhere to our Codes of Conduct as part of their (or their child’s) club membership.
Bottisham Swimming Club operates a disciplinary code with takes account of Wavepower and relevant Swim England/ASA laws and guidance. This code can be found here:
We have some part-time swimmers who are away at residential college or university, or who coach with us, and qualify for reduced fees: Part-Time Swimmers Policy 2016
Injury and illness
Swimmers unable to train through injury or illness may be eligible for a reduction in fees: BSC Illness, Injury and Physical Incapacity Policy
Our squad criteria can be found here
Social networking, video and images
BSC operates in accordance with the Swim England and WavePower policies,
However the basics are as follows:
- No mobile phones or devices that can capture images are to be used by swimmers in the changing room areas or poolside at any time, save if express permission is sought and obtained from a coach or welfare officer.
- Any swimmer inappropriately using a phone will be given a verbal warning and asked to adhere to the rules. A phone can be confiscated by the coach for the remainder of that session, or until an appropriate time is available for discussion with the swimmer/ parent/carer as appropriate.
- Nobody shall take photographs or video poolside unless agreed with the Head Coach, BSC committee member or Gala Promoter. Note: for training purposes video may be taken by a coach / volunteer if parental consent has been given, in accordance with ASA guidelines.
- Where photography or filming is permitted, it should be predominately of your own child and for personal use only. Parents, carers and swimmers will abide by the Swim England/ASA policy on photography and filming.
- The placing of images taken during training or galas on personal social media is discouraged; wherever photographs or footage have/has been obtained including other children, consent from their parents should be sought before publication.
- Photographs or filming must never be used to intimidate, bully or be detrimental to any other person. To do so is a breach of the relevant BSC Code of Conduct and may lead to disciplinary sanctions as appropriate.
Relevant sections of Wavepower can be found here:
Bottisham Swimming Club complies with the Data Protection Act and the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation. Our Data Protection Policy can be found here: