At Bottisham Swimming Club we welcome competitive swimmers and those progressing towards competition from 8 years old upwards. We would particularly like to hear from younger swimmers (and their parents or carers) who would like to find out more about our club, and from older accomplished swimmers, perhaps seeking a change of direction in their swimming.
We are keen for our swimmers to develop as competitive swimmers so that they can participate in local and county competitions. Entry level is around level 7 of the ASA Learn To Swim Framework.
We expect all our swimmers to attend at least two sessions per week. Squad criteria are here.
- Good training facilities at Impington and Bottisham swimming pools
- Coaching for all standards
- Club Championships open to all registered club swimmers
- Participation in the Junior and Senior Fenland Leagues
- Locally arranged team galas for all ages
- Participation in open meets
- Club awards presented each year
- Supportive, community ethos
- Weekly land training for B and A squad (and parents!) with qualified personal trainer
- To provide a structured training environment where swimmers are taught the principles of all four recognised strokes and the individual medley
- To improve the swimming speed, form and stamina of all our swimmers
- To encourage participation in competitive swimming
- To continue the friendly and social side of the club, which encourages everyone to enjoy becoming and staying fit.
We run regular trial sessions for new swimmers, although there is often a waiting list to join. Please email our membership secretary at email@example.com for more information.
If you are coming to see us, please complete the trial form available via the link below and bring it with you to your trial session: bsc-e11-club-membership-form. The policies referred to can be found here.